The Canterbury Business Awards are open and looking for entries from businesses registered in Canterbury, Whitstable, Herne Bay, Margate, Ramsgate or Broadstairs areas.
The awards are delivered by Best Business Events and supported by platinum sponsors; Agilis Mobile, headline sponsors; Canterbury based and community focused accountants, Dynamix Accountancy and media partner, Index.
Naz Khaliq, Managing Partner of Dynamix Accountancy said:
“The Canterbury Business Awards were a great success last year on their first time out. Dynamix Accountancy are very pleased to have stayed partnering with the Canterbury Business Awards as we believe that we should give back to the local community, so we are really proud to be the headline sponsors of these Awards again this year.
“As accountants we work closely with our clients in all parts of their business including helping develop their visibility and credibility in the marketplace. Awards are a great way for businesses to blow their own trumpet and be recognised. It is also great for their staff to be acknowledged and recognised and helps build pride in the work they do. Having seen the positive impact last year’s awards have brought to some of the winners and runners up – We look forward to seeing lots of entries this year.”
A number of awards categories are available and include:
- Start up – recognising a new start-up that has shown a clear path to success
- Small Business – Are you a standout small business that has achieved constant growth?
- Creative/Digital – Can you show evidence of expertise in digital, creative or media technologies?
- Customer Service – Can your business show that you offer high quality customer service?
- Innovation – have you brought new ideas to life, whether that idea is big or small?
- Hospitality/Food and Drink – Are you a hospitality business that can demonstrate outstanding performance and success?
- Business Women of the year – Celebrates, encourages and inspires successful and aspiring business women
Businesses may enter up to three awards via a free, quick and simply entry form. Entering the awards is free, quick and simple, and can be done via the website www.businessawardskent.co.uk. The closing date for completion is 23 February and then the entries will be considered by a team of judges who will shortlist them.
Those shortlisted will be announced and visited by the judges so they can make a decision on who the winners for each category are. The winners will then be announced at a dinner which will be held at the Canterbury Spitfire Ground on 29 March 2018, where they will be able to collect their awards.
The awards are also being supported by the Federation of Small Businesses (FSB) and the Kent Branch of the Institute of Directors (IoD).
Jane Ollis, the IoD Kent Branch Chair, who is also the chair of judges, said:
“One of the IoD key priorities is helping businesses grow, this is why we are pleased to support the Canterbury Business Awards as they are a great way of promoting businesses and helping them gain new customers. I am also really pleased to be asked to be the chair of judges and I look forward to judging and seeing the diverse number of businesses in the Canterbury and surrounding areas.”